Thursday, May 31, 2007

Some Signs in Downtown Seoul



After the Elf Riots of 2005, discrimination against elves living in South Korea came to an end. This elf-only ticket booth I came across in a movie theater is just one example of the special services they now receive. However, many Koreans are worried that this small but powerful minority group will keep pushing until they have nothing short of elf-government. Fortunately, the South Korean government is employing Santa Claus as a mediator and has shown a remarkable amount of elf control in dealing with this issue.



A restaurant sign in downtown Seoul shows why it's so hard to find good pizza here (as usual, click image to enlarge). I was told that plain mozzarella pizza is considered boring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Pineapple & creamed corn pizza- yum! Bet that doesn't stay in the ole system long.

The elf-discrimination piece was funny.

I felt like my poetry sense was getting dull & flabby so I picked up the Library of America Wallace Stevens Collected Poetry and prose (figured I'd go with a local guy). And am going through (hopefully) his entire oeuvre, first to last. His 7th published poem "Domination of Black" very good, very primal, you should definitely take a look at it.

Keep up the good work Seoul man!

7:18 AM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger Toe said...

Ah, good choice. I love some of his poems. I'll try to find a copy of "Domination of Black," judging from the title it sounds like it won't disappoint.

11:23 PM, June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home