Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pisa

I'm in Pisa now. It's 11:30 pm. I got here around 10:00 or 11:00 a.m., I think. I flew from JFK to Rome and then jumped on a transfer flight to Pisa. My Alitalia flight was delayed around two hours in New York, so it was a drag. I learned from two people here that Alitalia has a reputation for being late.

I met a young German au pair on my ride to JFK. She had taken care of two girls in Seymour and flew back to see one of them for their high-school graduation. On the flight from Rome to Pisa I sat next to a young red-haired woman from Moscow, an ESL teacher who was flying to Pisa to meet her boyfriend. He is an electrician.

After I settled in here at my room near CNR I took a walk. Italy is very pretty with all of its old houses, mountains, and strange trees. It sometimes feels magical here. I'll try to upload pictures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home