Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ant Invasion

There is a continuous stream of ants in my kitchen here in my "corporate" apartment in Champaign. The picture below shows two ants (circled) between my kitchen sink and a window just above. I don't have the heart to kill or trap them, but wherever I move my food, they follow.

Fortunately I take solace in two MUSES who have overtaken my mental space: Elly Jackson of La Roux, who produced "Bulletproof," a video game song I find myself listening to over and over. In the East is Haco; as a member of After Dinner she produced a weird but breathtaking song, "I'll Just Go Birdwatching." Check it out on last.fm if you dare!


Two invaders. There are many more.


Elly Jackson in "Bulletproof": note the devastatingly ironic final scene in the video.


After Dinner featuring Haco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home