Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rantoul

Rantoul is a small town about twenty miles north of Champaign. Since my father was trained at an air force base there in the late '60's, I decided to visit. A friend was kind enough to bring me there.

The base was closed several years back and became Chanute Air Museum. A boy scout gathering was in progress when I visited.

I like Rantoul. There's a kind of strange magic to it. I even saw a house with bottles hanging from a tree and metallic stars painted black.


A derelict building.


A hangar.


An old military plane.


Grissom hall.


Buildings and people.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this museum will one day be a Peace Museum and peope from all over the world will come to eat Veggie Burgers and lobster Rolls.

8:05 AM, October 02, 2010  
Blogger Toe said...

Gee, I wonder who wrote this.

5:56 PM, October 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home